The Pillcheck DNA Test
After completing Pillcheck’s fast and easy DNA test, you will receive an advanced, personalized report that predicts drug response to most commonly prescribed medications. Share your report with your doctor, who can recommend changes to your treatment.
The Pillcheck test has built-in enhanced sensitivity for accurate results in ethnically diverse populations.
Your report is updated annually for free as new evidence for exiting medications and information on new ones becomes available.
Your colour coded report helps identify the right medication at the right dosage from a broad spectrum of drugs.
|Normal drug metabolism and response|
|Altered drug metabolism|
|Substantially altered drug metabolism|
|Uncertain activity requires caution in drug use|
Pillcheck covers over 230 medications – that’s close to 80% of all prescriptions used to treat a wide variety of medical conditions.
Your report can also provide peace of mind that the medications you are currently taking are the right ones for you.
Personalized Action Plan
A specially-trained pharmacist provides you with your personalized recommendations to share with your doctor.
You and your doctor can then discuss options if necessary.
The Pillcheck service includes a review of the patient’s medications by a clinical pharmacist who is specially trained in pharmacogenetics – the science that Pillcheck is based on.
Pillcheck Protects Your Privacy
Pillcheck promises to keep your personal and genetic information confidential.
Here’s what we do:
- Destroy your genetic sample after your report is complete
- Ensure your genetic data is not linked to your personal information in our system
- Allow you to decide who you share your results with
- Follow Canadian, U.S., and international health information privacy and security guidelines
- Your personal health and genetic data is never shared with your employer, insurer, or benefits plan