The effectiveness of most medications depends upon genetic factors. Pillcheck pharmacogenetics (PGx) tests for these genetic factors and helps individuals get medication therapy optimized to their DNA for a wide range of conditions.
Benefits for Employees
Employees and family members get the right medication at the right dose to help them feel better, sooner. Reduces time away from work due to illness and doctor visits.
Benefits for Plans
Plan sponsors avoid the costs of covering ineffective, sometimes harmful prescriptions, and lost productivity until the right treatment is found.
How much will you save with Pillcheck?
Fixed Fee Discount
The Pillcheck difference
When it comes to genetic testing, we’ve done the research so you don’t have to. Pillcheck is an easy and accurate DNA testing service that you can offer your plan members.
Medication passport for life
- Pillcheck reports are easy to use and provide immediate answers to medication questions helping employees stay healthy now...and in the future because our DNA doesn’t change
- New medications are added regularly, according to expanding clinical guidelines
- Includes medication review and personalized action plan by an expert clinical pharmacist
- Pharmacists are available online or by phone for consultations with doctors or patients
Comprehensive for diverse populations
- Pillcheck analysis aligns individuals’ genetics with the most commonly prescribed medications
- Covers drugs for cardiac care, gastrointestinal issues, pain management, oncology, mental health and many other treatment areas
- DNA analysis optimized to ensure accurate results for multi-ethnic population
Easy to implement
- Fully digital service for the enterprise and its plan members
- Seamless implementation program
- Customized enrollment and communication support
- Flexible pricing options
A competitive edge for advisors and plan sponsors
Private plan members interested in PGx
Plan sponsors willing to provide coverage
Sanofi Canada Healthcare Survey, 2019, 2020
Pillcheck drives workplace productivity by avoiding ineffective or detrimental treatment.
Improves depression recovery
Outcomes for depression, anxiety and disability were almost two times greater with Pillcheck than without.1
Optimizes multiple prescriptions
Pillcheck identified at least one drug-therapy problem for 78% of people taking three or more medications.2
Reduces duration and frequency of disability claims
People on disability often have a variety of health issues and struggle to find effective treatment. Drug or dose changes were recommended for 51% of Pillcheck users on medical leave.
Connects employees and their families with the right drug therapy faster
What our customers are saying
It was a very positive experience: clear instructions, quick response time. I love that the report is updated as new clinical guidelines become available. I have been telling everyone about Pillcheck!
How can one not consider doing a gene vs medication investigation like the one provided by Pillcheck? We learned many things about our son.
Thank you so much for this service. It’s going a long way in helping to manage my chronic pain condition. It’s a vital step in ensuring I’m as pain-free as possible while remaining as healthy as possible. I am impressed with the thorough feedback received.
Very thankful that this service exists. Often providers dismiss side effects leaving patients to suffer it out or search for answers on their own.
Pillcheck protects privacy
- Test samples destroyed after reports are completed
- Privacy by design architecture ensures genetic data is not linked to personal information
- Personal health and genetic data is never shared with insurance or employer
- Only tests DNA for medication response; does not assess disease risk or diagnosis